Selecting the right host for your WordPress blog is the first most important decision you make before starting a new website .
The usual choice of many new WordPress users is shared web hosting as it is advertised to be cheap and affordable with so many features . Majority of people choose shared web hosting thinking that it is affordable and you don’t have to get your hands dirty with setting up your own server . The reason why shared web hosting became so popular is simply their advertisements , they all tell you that this is the best option for you . To make matters worse , when you search reviews of these hosts all others blogs seem to suggest one or other shared hosting provider and nobody tell you the simple truth that all of them have the same flaws . All these bloggers have affiliate accounts with hosting providers and that is the reason they so eagerly suggest you to use them .
Problem with Shared Web Hosts
- The most important dark fact about shared web hosting is the limitations on resources that you can use . They all promise you unlimited everything but when your site starts getting traffic they just aren’t designed to handle it . In most cases your site will be removed from the server to avoid over use of resources .
- Speed of a site is very important to search engines and blogs with higher page load speed tend to rank higher in search results . Shared web hosts are slow and it will have a negative impact on your
- Your ip address is shared with many other websites . some or most of these sites may have spam content and that will eventually have a bad impact on your ranking in search engines . Ip address is an important factor in ranking sites .
- Your site will not be able to handle peak traffics on shared hosting accounts so that is another reason to avoid shared hosting for your new site . Even if you are a small site now , you should be equipped to handle significant amount of traffic to your site without any downtime and slow page load time.
- The average cost of basic shared hosting account is about $5 to $9 . That seems reasonable for very small sites that don’t bother about above mentioned problems with shared hosting . But when your blog starts to grow you have no option but to move to a VPS or Dedicated server and the cost of that will be around $100 .
Next time you are inclined to choose shared hosting account for wordpress keep these 5 reasons to change your mind .